Friday, August 04, 2006

Other things that are awesome today...(with links!)


  • A new LOST podcast from last week's San Diego ComiCon! Lots of new info...plus the mystery code "VIX7ZXT97." Where does it go? Hansoexposed.com? What does it do? Hmmm...


  • Fall comes early! The second season of Prison Break starts up on August 21st and one of my favorite character-actors William Fichtner is going to be joining the already stellar cast! Information courtesy of...Myspace?!

  • Ever wonder what 5 albums your favorite musicians would want to be stuck with for the rest of their lives, were they stranded on a desert island? (I think Hurley's advice there would be "Dude, bring some extra batteries") Well... wonder no more. See how your choices match up...


  • Not desert island, mind you, but these are the top 5 albums I've been rocking the hell out of this week (in no particular order:)

    1. Tapes 'N Tapes: The Loon
    2. Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies to Paralyze
    3. Finks: More Songs About Robots and Black Things
    4. Clem Snide: The Ghost of Fashion
    5. Maritime: We, The Vehicles


  • The 33 1/3 book series. When Monica and I were at a party at Last Gasp Press in San Francisco, I stumbled across a couple of these in their warehouse. They're basically just little books that are supposed to accompany your favorite albums, but they've got so many amazing ones out there already, I think I just may become obsessed. All I know is I'm going to put up the first round of orders for Paul's Boutique, Daydream Nation, Dolittle, and In the Aeroplane Over the Sea as soon as the last shit I ordered from Amazon comes in.


  • Touch and Go's 25th anniversary megashow! Pegboy, Man...Or Astroman?, Big Black, and Three Mile fucking Pilot!!! After missing Lollapalooza this weekend, I need to make this happen...


  • One word, Superchunk. NC, here we come!


  • Two awesome (and extensive) pieces of info from gaming site Gamasutra:

    1. Telltale Games is finally making a sequel to Sam & Max: Hit the Road, probably my favorite computer game ever (Lucasarts has been repeatedly shitting on the license for the past 10 years, constantly shelving it to make room for more and more lousy Star Wars games.) There's 2 interviews up with members of the Telltale staff here and here. Great stuff in there if you're interested...and if you are, I'd recommend going to the Telltale site and reading the brilliantly original Sam & Max webcomics they've got up there. 21st century storytelling infused with vintage Steve Purcell humor. God Steve, we're sure glad to have you back!

    2. Two audiocast interviews (yeah, I've got an iPod too...fuck, I've got three...that still doesn't mean I can stomach the word "Podcast") with John Baez of The Behemoth, the company that completely blew my mind with the spectacularly simple Alien Hominid. A good listen if you're interested in breaking into the gaming industry or if you want any inside info on AH...or the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade exclusive Castle Crashers, which I know you all do...


  • Finally, I am totally addicted to the all too sweet "Islands Gone Bad" by this new Canadian band Shapes and Sizes. I'm so fucking buying this album this weekend...

Well, I guess that's it for today. Hopefully you'll all find something on here that tickles your fancy...or your grundle...or whatever it is that's in dire need of a ticklin'...

No comments: